In Poland it's 2:43am on Sunday 23rd November 2014

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New member thought i would post new topic
PostPosted: Tue 7th February 2012, 6:31 pm 

Hi, all,new to this website, just little about myself, 33 years old, been with polish girl for over 4 years now and getting married in poland (once i get all the paperwork sorted) next year in july, anyway been flying back and forwards to poland in that time, from uk. she has a very large family, so always going to wedding or something.
living in a little town called Wschowa near Leszno, ofton visit poznan, lubin, glogow and sorrounding places etc, hoping to move here one day in the future, need to make my polish better.
What do u guys do for uk tv, over the years I have had good results with freesat box and 80cm dish, get most channels apart from bbc and channel 4 channels, but i think a bigger dish will solve this, at least 1.8m just don,t want to upset the nieghbours lol.
Chris

Post subject: Re: New member thought i would post new topic
PostPosted: Mon 13th February 2012, 10:49 am 
Site Admin

welcome to the forum. Yeah you could get a big dish, or just use the internet. BBC iPlayer and so on is really good. Some of the Polish channels on systems like Cyfra or "N" are in HD and let you switch the language back to the original. Good for channels like BBC Knowledge, Discovery plus films etc..

PostPosted: Fri 17th February 2012, 7:59 am 

Anybody took there dog to poland, any problems?
the new dog passport system seems a lot easier to obtain, looking at p&O ferry info, they charge £15 each way for dog and stays in the car for the entire journey across channel. need to sort vet etc.

PostPosted: Tue 6th March 2012, 10:21 pm 

Chris Roast wrote:
Anybody took there dog to poland, any problems?
the new dog passport system seems a lot easier to obtain, looking at p&O ferry info, they charge £15 each way for dog and stays in the car for the entire journey across channel. need to sort vet etc.

Polish vets cost me £ 3000 for quarintine through not knowing how to fill out passports had to put 2cats in quarintine at french border ,get passport done in uk to make sure it is right .